Are you interested in supporting MWC’s mission?
Volunteering is a great way to gain valuable skills to add to your resume, meet interesting and like-minded people, and contribute to our mission.
What are we looking for?
Board members are responsible for governing MWC to foster our organizational vision, growth, and wellbeing. We welcome committed current or former migrant workers, community members and professionals to apply to be Board members. Board member responsibilities include:
- Attend Board and Committee meetings
- Establish and evaluate the organization’s strategic direction
- Ensure the financial health of the organization
- Ensure the organization has sufficient and appropriate human resources
- Monitor the organization’s performance
Committee members support the Board in specific areas, including Human Resources, Fundraising and Events, Governance, Finance, and Membership. Committee member responsibilities include:
- Attend Committee meetings
- Contribute ideas and work towards the Committee’s goals
- Help organize and attend fundraising events
Office volunteer roles can include providing support for administrative and office functions, and giving basic help to clients.
Working with our legal advocates and staff lawyer, law student and lawyer volunteer roles can include conducting legal research, drafting submissions in support of our case work, and developing public legal information and education materials.
Want to help out in another way? Contact the office to talk about how we could work together.
If you are interested in these volunteer roles or have questions, please contact the MWC office at 604-669-4482.