- On 29 April 2020, MWC launched the Amnesty for Undocumented Workers campaign in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The campaign calls on the Government of Canada to regularize the status of undocumented workers by immediately:
- Creating a new permanent residency program for all essential migrant workers, including undocumented workers
- Allowing migrant workers in Canada to apply for a 12-month open (unrestricted) work permit to maintain or regularize their status while their application for permanent residency is in process.
- In December 2016, MWC and its partners launched the “Rising Up Against Unjust Recruitment Campaign”. This campaign advocates for harsher penalties for employers and agents who are charging illegal and unscrupulous recruitment fees to workers, and also advocates for stronger protections for workers who have been charged these fees. See risingup.ca for further details.
- In October 2015, MWC and other members of the Coalition of Migrant Workers Rights Canada launched the “MoVE Campaign” (Mobility, Voice and Equality for Migrant Workers). This campaign was launched to advocate for open work permits, an end to the 4 year time limit on workers’ ability to stay, and permanent status on arrival for migrant workers. See migrantrights.ca for more information.
In addition, MWC supports the following campaigns: