Our legal advocates and staff lawyer help caregivers and other migrant workers with their immigration issues. From free legal information and advice to full representation, our immigration services include assistance with:
- Educating yourself about your rights and obligations under the Live-in Caregiver and Temporary Foreign Worker Programs
- Applying for permanent residence
- Work permits and work permit renewals
- Travel documents (temporary resident visa)
- Temporary resident permits for victims of trafficking in persons
- Restoring status if you have lost legal status in Canada
- Misrepresentation issues
- Overcoming medical and criminal inadmissibility
- Judicial reviews of immigration decisions
These are only examples of some of the immigration law work we do. As everyone has unique immigration needs please contact us to find out how we can best assist you.
Please note: We require all caregiver clients to attend our “Applying for Permanent Residence and an Open Work Permit in the Live-in Caregiver Program and New Caregiver Pathways” workshop, hosted twice a month, before requesting a one-on-one review of their application.