About the Alliance for Gender Justice in Migration
The Alliance for Gender Justice in Migration was launched in 2022. We are a network of people with lived experience, advocates, researchers, and service providers who are actively working to end discrimination against women and gender-diverse people with precarious immigration status.
We aim to build a coordinated response to systemic barriers and issues identified by members, conduct research and develop policy solutions, raise public awareness, and advocate for change to policies that create social, economic, legal and political inequities.
Applying a human rights approach and a feminist intersectional analysis, we strive to create an equitable space where the voices of women and gender-diverse people with lived experience are at the centre.
The Alliance is comprised of members from across Canada who make up a National Coordinating Committee and four Regional Coordinating Committees based in British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. We are supported by a National Coordinator and four Regional Coordinators.
Our key issues
Alliance members have identified key policy areas impacting women and gender-diverse migrants:
- Regularization of immigration status: Read our Regularization Policy Position Statement.
- Access to permanent residency: : (Position Statement forthcoming)
- Closed work permits: (Position Statement forthcoming)
- Gender-based violence: Read our Gender-Based Violence Policy Position Statement
- Employment rights: Read our Employment Rights Policy Position Statement
- Migration and sex work: Read our Sex Work and Migration position statement
- Reproductive health: Read our Reproductive Justice Policy Position Statement
To learn more or to get involved – contact us email@example.com