Our legal advocates and staff lawyer help caregivers and other migrant workers with problems related to their employment. From free legal information and advice to full representation, our employment law services include assistance with:
- Educating yourself about your rights as a worker in British Columbia
- Filing a complaint against your current/previous employer with the British Columbia Employment Standards Branch (ex: to recover lost wages or illegal recruitment fees)
- Appeals and Reconsiderations of Employment Standards Branch determinations at the Employment Standards Tribunal (EST)
- Judicial reviews of EST decisions
- Filing a claim in Small Claims Court (ex: for breach of your employment contract)
- Applying for Employment Insurance (EI) if you have lost your job
These are only examples of some of the employment standards issues we address. As everyone has unique employment concerns, please contact us to find out how we can best assist you.